Fox’s production of the iconic show ¨Glee,¨ which aired from 2009 to 2015, is rumored to be considered for a reboot. Although most of us might not have seen it when it originally aired, many have binged it on Netflix because it is simply that good. What’s not to love about the show? It has musicals, pop music, comedy, romance, sorrow, and is an all-around fabulous show. The possibility of a reboot is exciting because it will bring back the musical diversity of broadway, pop, rock, and many other genres all in one show. It will give new actors a chance to take part in the show, maybe even bring back some of the cast from the original show. In honor of the possibility of a reboot, I will rank my top ten favorite performances from the show and what episode and season they are in, and the link below them.
- Don’t Stop Believing: Season 1, Episode 1. The classic performance, it is the first time they put all of their differences aside and come together and make something awesome.
- Rumor Has It/Someone like You: Season 3, Episode 6. One of the best performances of all time, the actors show so much emotion, and through two of the best songs ever.
- Valerie: Season 2, Episode 9. Who doesn love a great Amy Winehouse song, especially when the song is covered by Naya Rivera who is exceptionally talented. The energy throughout the entire performance is just contagious!
- Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song): Billy Joel, can´t go wrong there! The classic song is amazing by itself, but the cover is just as great if not better. Season 5, Episode 6
- Start Me Up/Livin’ On A Prayer: One of the best mashups! It radiates power and rock and roll. Taking two of the best rock and roll songs and combining them, genius! Season 2, Episode 6.
- Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend/Material Girl: Iconic! Also a really good mashup of older songs! It is a great gateway to Broadway and pop music. Season 4, Episode 15.
- Thriller/Heads Will Roll: Halloween! An astounding halloween mashup of the two classic songs. And, an important point in the show by bringing the Glee club and the football team bringing them together. Season 2, Episode 11
- Misery: The dancing! Definitely some of the best choreography in the show, as well as the song being acapella. It brings the song originally sung by Maroon 5, to another level. Season 2,Episode 16
- Smooth Criminal: One of the best songs by Michael Jackson. The vocals by themself are impressive, but the duo energy from Grant Gustin and Naya Rivera is just, wow! Season 3, Episode 11
- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger: Last but certainly not last! A pop classic! The power and energy, I would have to say it is better than the original song sung by Kelly Clarkson, The dancing and range of vocals really puts it over the top! Season 3, Episode 14
All seasons of the show can be found on Netflix, where you can binge them all and fall in love with them like I have millions of times. Happy binge watching!
Junior Ava Holdridge is a staff writer for the 2021-2022 yearbook. She loves Marvel movies, listening to Alec Benjamin and enjoys reading.