America’s most expensive home is a 38,000-square-foot spec home(1) in Bel Air listed for $250 million. “This home was curated for the ultimate billionaire who wants the best of everything that exists in life,” luxury developer Bruce Makowsky said.
This spec home has:
- Over 100 artworks in the house
- A helicopter that starred in the 1980’s television series Airwolf
- 12 car “auto gallery” with rare vintage automobiles including a custom Rolls-Royce, a Bugatti and a vintage Allard
- Infinity pool and hot tub with a swim-up bar
- 12 bedrooms
- 21 bathrooms
- Three kitchens
- A 40-seat movie theater
- 270-degree hilltop views from downtown to the ocean
- Four-lane bowling alley that has shoes in every size
- A candy room that is filled with towering cylinders of sweets
- Two wine cellars that are stocked with hundreds of bottles of Champagne and wine
- Glass ping-pong and billiards tables
- A Hobie Cat sailboat
- Seven full-time employees, who live in a separate staff wing
- Turf roofs
- Outside movie screen near pool
- Comes fully furnished
- Champagne pinball machine
- Chrome-plated guns
- 5 Bars
- Spa room
- Fully equipped home gym
- Many water features
- Pillows made by Hermès
- Floating staircase
- And much more…
The home “comes with everything,” owner-developer Bruce Makowsky said. “You don’t even need a toothbrush.” Imagine the things you could do with this house?
Have a party for free, because you have all the alcohol already, drive every car, chill in a helicopter, eat anytime you want, run around, you can literally do anything, rent the rooms out as a lil hotel, ANYTHING.
Spec Home – The term “spec” is short for speculative home for sale. Builders, even custom builders sometimes build homes for sale with no particular buyer in mind.
Cassidy Carroll, Staff Writer
Junior Cassidy Carroll is a staff writer for the 2017-2018 Colonel. She plays varsity cross country, lacrosse, and track for LHS while also being a member of NAHS. Outside of Ledyard, she’s often taking part in daring adventures…but she didn’t share any.
One thought on “Livin’ Lavish?”
But then comes the question; if you have everything at your fingertips, what fun is it anymore? Playing pool, bowling, attending a show at your own personal theater…these things can only be so exciting for so long once done every day.