Summer is the time to relax and have fun in the sun. It’s hard to think of what to do sometimes, so take this list as ideas to have a blast this summer.
- Misquamicut Beach and Watch Hill make good places for some body surfing, tanning, boogie boarding and more.
- Drive-in theater night at Misquamicut ($15 a vehicle) http://www.misquamicut.org/events.
- Sail Fest July 13-15th in New London (Food, vendors, Music, Fireworks, Fun).
- Grab a nice cold ice cream and chill with animals at the new ice cream place in Gales Ferry, Pops, in the old location of Cows and Cones.
- Take a hike at Lantern Hill near the casino or maybe a longer trip to Devil’s Hopyard to see a waterfall.
- Visit Holmberg’s to pick summer fruits.
- Watch the sunset or get up early to catch the sunrise with someone special or by yourself.
- Go to a concert; lawn tickets at the Hartford Xfinity center are usually pretty cheap. G-eazy performs August 25th.
- Walk through the Mystic Outdoor Art Festival August 11-12.
- Explore new restaurants around, try something new off the menu that sounds crazy like a peanut butter burger at Aroogas.
- Take the advantage of the warm nights and go stargazing.
- The Brooklyn Fair on August 23-26 or even better and more local the Ledyard Fair.
- The annual Norfolk Chamber Music Festival (date TBD).
- Go on a mini road trip to Boston, NY, Providence, Newport or really any city or cute town. Go out and explore.
- Dance in the refreshing rain, be free.
- Go to farmers’ markets.
- Go on a random photoshoot anywhere.
- Make a slip n slide out of a tarp, water and soap.
- Have a bonfire.
- Hang out and stay up all night with friends, do what you couldn’t during the school year. Make memories!
Cassidy Carroll, Staff Writer
Junior Cassidy Carroll is a staff writer for the 2017-2018 Colonel. She plays varsity cross country, lacrosse, and track for LHS while also being a member of NAHS. Outside of Ledyard, she’s often taking part in daring adventures…but she didn’t share any.