The end of the year is coming up fast, which means the only thing that is on our minds is the next chapter in our lives, making high school seem more and more unimportant. Even though senioritis is spreading like wildfire, we have to make our last days count. Here is all of the dates and times of important events coming up that all seniors should mark down in your calendars.
- May 20th: Prom at the Mystic Marriott, from 7 PM to 11 PM. Doors will be open at 6:30. Tickets are on sale for $70 and will be sold during both first and second lunch, May 1st to the 12th. If you are bringing a guest out of town, be sure to get a form from the main office or download it from the school website that gives your guest permission to attend.
- June 5th: Senior trip to High Meadows and the cost will be between $20 and $25. There’ll be food and drinks available all day long, and you should bring bathing suits.
- June 20th: Senior Sunset will be held at Blonders from 5 to 7 PM: Bring a lawn chair, games and food will be provided. Best of all, it’s free!
- June 20th: Graduation rehearsal from 9AM to 12 PM, as well as June 21st from 8:30 AM to noon. On the 21st the school will also provide breakfast for the seniors. THESE REHEARSALS ARE MANDATORY.
- June 23rd: Graduation day! Students must at the school by 5:15 PM (5:30 PM at the latest!) in their cap and gowns to line up. Each student will be provided with five tickets for anyone who wants to attend their graduation. If the weather is pleasant, graduation will be held outside on the football field, and the five tickets will be for seats on the bleachers. Anyone else who would like to attend the graduation will have to stand behind the fence. If graduation is held inside due to the weather, only three tickets will allow seating in the gym and the extra two tickets will be for seating in the cafeteria to watch the graduation on the monitors. No extra people will be allowed to attend the graduation if indoors.
- Last, but not least, seniors, please return all your books and items that you borrowed. Without the return of the items or payment, you will not receive your diploma.
Let’s try to end our last year with a bang!
Moriya Phillips, Staff Writer
Senior Moriya Phillips is a staff writer for the 2016-17 Colonel. She is the President of the Gospel Music Club and participates in Select Singers, Concert Choir, and Acabellas. She plays basketball and throws shot put and discus for Track and Field. Outside of school, she can be found volunteering at a performing arts camp, singing Christmas carols for people in need, or hanging out with loved ones.